Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Top Five Sources of News and Information

Living in a time where technology is all around us I find myself using many different news and information sources. In this post, I will highlight a few resources that come to mind when reflecting on my top news sources. Every day we come across many different news platforms. I hope you enjoy learning about the sources I rely on for news and information. You may even be inspired to check out a new source! 

1. Instagram

The news source I use most often is Instagram. I can keep up with the news on Instagram by following news channels such as NBC and CNN. Instagram also has a reels portion where short video clips play and I also come across news that way. For example, when Former President Trump was shot at his rally in Pennsylvania Instagram was the first source I learned of the incident. Instagram is also a great way to keep up with the latest celebrity news. 


2. TikTok


TikTok is another source I learn news from. It is a platform that influences often post on and the platform draws users of all ages.  It may not be the most reliable source in some cases so it is important to always fact check what you are hearing. I find myself learning about the celebrity news and the newest trends on TikTok. Often times TikTok is the place where I hear of recent celebrity breakups or the newest TV shows. 


3. NBC 12

Growing up outside of Richmond, Virginia our local news channel is NBC12. My family would have the news on sporadically throughout the day to keep up to date on the happenings in our area. Though I am now at college in North Carolina I still keep up with the local news in my area. I still have a lot of family and friends back home so I like to keep up with the news in the area. 


4. TED Talks

I often use TED talks as a form of news! TED Talks are very informative but they can all be inspiring. When watching TED Talks people spread wonderful ideas and incorporate facts and research. I specifically remember watching a TED Talk by Sherry Turkle called "Connected, but alone?" This TED Talk shared the studies behind devices and technology affecting human connection. I love exploring TED Talks to learn new ideas which is a form of news!


5.  The New York Times

When searching for articles online I often use The New York Times. The New York Times shares articles about everything you could dream of! From U.S. daily news to wellness and lifestyle. I am always able to find something that interests me on The New York Times website. It also feels like a reliable source which is always important when reading news. When a breaking news story comes out I can always count on The New York Times. They also have a variety of different journalists writing stories which allows for variety!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Progressive Era

Dissent means to publicly disagree with an official opinion, decision, or set of beliefs.  Dissenting opinions play a role in our constitut...